Tuesday 23 July 2013

Releasing With Calvin Coyles


Last night I attended a personal development event run by an amazing young and super inspiring entrepreneur by the name of Calvin Coyle’s, who at the age of 23, has managed to touch the lives of over 20,000 people in 40 different countries across the world. He is the CEO and founder at Bright Lights, a trainer and business development coach, and this just begins to scratch the surface of the accolades and achievements Calvin has seen already.



The first thing we were asked to remember was to start with the end in mind. What did we want to learn? Achieve? Leave the event with? I think this is one of the most powerful statements in relation to life in general. So often we focus on all the hardships and speed bumps we are going to face along our path, that we lose sight of the end and how badly we want to get there. To always start with the end in mind to me means having that goal, visualizing it, painting a picture of what the end product looks like, getting that connection to the reason why we want it sooooo deep and soooo strong that NOTHING will get in the way, not a mountain, not a river, not a fucking dinosaur could put you off course from reaching that success.

So we set our goals, got our focus and jumped in to an amazingly deep, (somewhat unexpected) emotional 3 hours of releasing, resetting and re-planning our journey to success. If you haven’t attended or had the pleasure of meeting Calvin, Find him on Facebook or Twitter or at calvincoyles.com
I just wanted to share with you my experiences from last night and the impression in my brain I have gotten to take away with me and start implementing into my life and business.

“You either have reasons or results” – Calvin Coyles

The synchrony going on in my life at the moment is spine tingling, hairs on end, goose bump raising shit! YESTERDAY I blogged about Lessons Learnt and choosing what we want, on Monday my mentor ran us through a call based around re-setting your GPS and lining your course of action up with where your aiming to go and BOOM! Last night Calvin asked me, “What’s your excuse?” its really that simple, we either make excuses or take action and based on the frame of mind we are in and the messages we are personally vibrating out into the universe. Another amazing quote “Perception is Projection”. We don’t see the world as it is we see the world as we are. Our brains are fed 2 BILLION pieces of information every second in every minute in every hour in every day and we cant store it all so we, distort, delete and generalize based around our beliefs, our upbringings our values. So to me this is saying make sure your looking for relevant information, from the right people in the right places.

“Don’t let perfect get in the way of better” – Calvin Coyles

Strive for progress not perfection. Understand where you’re starting and go from there. JUST GO FOR IT. What do you have to lose?  Find that thing that makes your heart sing (loudly) and just do it. Chances are that is the very reason you were put on this earth and why spend your life living and doing things that you don’t love? It’s not difficult, it’s just different. Our brains have not been programmed to think this way. Our education system did not bring us up to think this way, nor our families or society but that doesn’t mean that you cant. It just means you have to extend yourself outside your comfort zone and have faith in yourself. AND a huge gem from Calvin was “Anyone who cuts you down, you don’t need in your fab 5”. So think about that. Are you surrounded by people who build you up, support your dreams, and empower you? If not find people that will.

“The first step before anyone else in the world believes it, is that you have to believe it” – Will Smith via Calvin Coyles


We went through a release session were we were asked to think about the major negative emotion we indulge in. Then from there we were asked to make an affirmation that we were absolutely committed to releasing this negative emotion, and what we wanted to replace that negative emotion with.

For me I felt my most major negative emotion was self doubt, worrying about what other people think of me and convincing myself that I am not good enough or deserving enough or not possibly able to achieve.
I committed to releasing this emotion because I wanted to have trust in myself, I wanted to love myself, I wanted to not care about what other people think about me and I wanted to have unwavering belief in myself and my goals.
I chose to replace those negative emotions with self-belief and confidence, security and love.

I felt emotional at this stage and I was already fighting back tears, I was pre-empting where I would be taken back to and what the demon was that I thought I was fighting with for so many years and my whole body was shaking like a leaf on a windy day. I had committed to releasing this but somewhere inside me I was scared. I had battled with these diminishing thoughts for such a long time that I was scared and excited all at once of how it would feel to let it go and be free.

Then, the lights were dimmed and we all stood up and closed our eyes. My heart was literally leaping out of my chest. Calvin talked us through the process of subconscious reprogramming. His voice was calm and safe and I felt as though I had slipped into a state of hypnosis, it was almost an out of body experience, I had tears streaming down my face, my body felt like lead just glued to the floor but shaking uncontrollably. I hit my first memory of the time I had felt self-doubt, but it wasn’t where I had pre-empted the emotion to stem from. It was a lot earlier and in a different context of what I had expected to find. It was challenging and painful to deal with because I had rewound back to a memory of my dad, who I love dearly and done an amazing job raising my brothers and I (especially with my horrendous teenage years of hell I put him through but that’s another story) but I was subconsciously holding that for all those years, and I needed to emotionally obliterate that to be able to move forward and delete this negative emotion for once and for all. When it was time to wind back to now and shout out the word that we wanted to embrace, for me it wasn’t one of the words I had previously written on my page. FORGIVENESS! I said, wow! That was a bit of a shock, forgiveness? I have now had a lot of time to process this release session and I know that the forgiveness is not just going one way. I do forgive my dad for that imprint neither he nor I knew was in my brain, but I wanted forgiveness from him too. And that is something I will be working towards as a major goal over the next year.


I instantly felt lighter, more peaceful and I knew that I had let it go. As I sit here writing this, I have an unbelievable sense of calm and direction and my faith in my goals are higher than sky high. It was one of the most incredible experiences I have had in my life to date, other than getting married, and becoming a mother to my 2 beautiful children, but its up there with those types of experiences, you know the ones that change you and change your life.

There was a whole heap of excellent strategies and tips to follow this reprogramming session but I’m not going to give it all away :) However, I urge each and everyone to go to one of Calvin’s events, for me and the girls I went with, it was seriously life and game changing stuff.

I just wanted to leave you with this final quote by John C Maxwell.





Love and light in so much abundance Lee xxx

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this post and the blog overall Leanne! Your story is inspiring and worth shouting from the rooftops! Keep growing that bamboo tree.

    See you at the boot camp

    xx calvin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Calvin :) Cant wait for bootcamp! Love Lee x

    ReplyDelete